Passport Services

The Cochran Public Library at 174 Burke Street in Stockbridge is now offering passport services. Please call 678-272-7293 for more information. We provide walk-in service only. If we have a large number of applicants, it may be necessary to close the waiting line before the end of passport hours. Please visit for more information.

Hours of Passport Service:

Monday 12:00 – 6:00 PM
Tuesday 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Wednesday 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Thursday 12:00 – 6:00 PM
Friday 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Saturday 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Things to know:
Who can apply
Patrons can apply for a U.S. passport or passport card at the Cochran Public Library

You must apply in person using Form DS-11 if at least one of the following is true:
  • You are applying for your first U.S. passport
  • You are under the age of 16
  • Your previous U.S. passport was issued when you were under age 16
  • Your previous U.S. passport was lost, stolen, or damaged
  • Your U.S. passport was issued more than 15 years ago
The Cochran Public Library does not process renewals for adult applicants (16+ at issuance) who are in possession of a currently valid U.S. Passport or one that has been expired for less than 5 years. If this applies to you, please go to for more information on processing DS-82 Renewal Passports.
Applicants should bring completed paperwork and all required documents.

  • DS-11 Application (available at
    • Complete the application in black ink prior to your appointment. DO NOT SIGN.
    • All applicants must appear in person regardless of age.
    • Both parents must be present with the child for minor (age 15 & under) applications. At least one (1) parent must be present for 16-17 year-old applicants.
Proof of Citizenship
Bring one of the following:

  • ADULTS (age 18+) – Birth Certificate OR Previous Passport OR Certificate of Naturalization
  • ADULTS (age 16-17) – Birth Certificate OR Previous Passport (if you have one) OR Certificate of Naturalization
  • MINORS (age 15 & younger) – Birth Certificate AND Previous Passport (if you have one) OR Certificate of Naturalization
    • Certified Birth Certificate: Must have raised or colored vital records seal and parental information. Please bring the original AND a black and white photocopy; these certificates cannot be hospital issued. Also, Birth Certificate Cards are not acceptable.
    • Previous Passport: If it was issued as an adult and has been expired more than 5 years, then you may submit your Previous Passport in lieu of a Birth Certificate as long as it is undamaged. Adults (age 16-17) and Minors (age 15 and younger) must submit a Birth Certificate along with their Previous Passport if applicable.
    • Original Certificate of Naturalization: If you are a naturalized citizen.
    • If you have gotten married and your name differs from your citizenship or ID documents, then your marriage certificate is required.
Proof of Identity
Bring one of the following unexpired ID documents:

  • Proof of Identity (bring one of the following unexpired ID documents):
    • Georgia Driver’s License – if you have “Limited Term” or a temporary paper copy, or an out-of-state driver’s license, you must submit another form of identification (visit for more information)
    • Passport
    • Military ID
Resource Tutorials