Current job openings at HCLS:
Assistant Director for Collection Development
Responsibilities, Requirements, and Preferred skills/knowledge
Assistant Branch Manager
Location: Hampton, Stockbridge
Responsibilities and Qualifications
Library Assistant, Part-Time
Multiple openings: Stockbridge, Hampton, and Fairview
Responsibilities: assist library users with locating and using library resources and equipment in person, by phone, and by email. Check materials in and out, register new library users, and shelve books in proper order. Assist with library programs as needed. Provide general assistance to all library visitors. Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications: Associate Degree; Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Two or more years of public contact work in customer service or related fields. Strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and general knowledge of literature. Basic knowledge of computers and office equipment. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
Please note the minimum qualifications for each position. We are not able to respond to applicants who do not meet the requirements, or whose applications are incomplete. To apply, send a completed application and resume with a cover letter to Dr. Adam Townes at email@example.com
Applications and resumes can also be dropped off at any HCLS branch during regular hours.
Henry County Library System is a 5-library system that serves a diverse community of 240,000 in the Southern Crescent area of metropolitan Atlanta. Our organizational culture values creativity, innovation, and flexibility, and we encourage and support professional growth through educational and leadership opportunities. We are currently accepting applications for the position of Children’s Librarian/Specialist at our headquarters library in McDonough. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting children & caregivers in locating and using library resources in print and digital formats.
- Collaborating with Collection Development staff to recommend materials for purchase.
- Planning and presenting storytimes and other educational programs for children birth-age 12 and families; collaborating with other departments to plan all-ages programs and events.
- Participating in outreach such as community events and school & daycare visits.
- Maintaining accurate data on library usage.
- Basic circulation and shelving duties.
- The work requires considerable physical activity, with much bending and reaching to obtain books, etc. There is frequent lifting/pushing of objects weighing up to 25 pounds (marginal) and use of equipment requiring a high degree of manual dexterity (essential).
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree (may consider Associate’s degree in combination with relevant experience)
- Broad general knowledge of children’s literature and information resources.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal & written communication skills.
- Basic computer and clerical skills with emphasis on accuracy and thoroughness.
- Three of more years of public contact work with children.
A combination of education and experience may be considered.
Hourly position beginning at $12-$16 an hour.
Position open until filled. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Kathy Pillatzki, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, or national origin.
Consistent with the Americans Disabilities Act, applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.
We are a Drug-Free Workplace.
Federal law requires new employees to supply documents proving their employment authorization by the third day of employment. A photo ID will be required.
Henry County Library System participates in E-Verify.
E-Verify Employer ID: 413893
Authorized on: 01/01/2011